UNION COUNTY — They succeeded in district competition and now some students in the Future Business Leaders of American program at the Union County Career and Technology Center are going to be competing at the state level.
In a statement released earlier this month, the Union County Career and Technology Center announced that 15 of its students had participated in the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) district competition that was held at Dorman High School on Saturday, Jan. 28. The press release states that the students competed against several schools from the Upstate in categories such as Public Speaking, Digital Video Production, Cyber Security and Intro. to Business.
The press states that all 15 students placed in their competitive events. Those students are:
• Darren Jeter — 4th Place in Business Law
• Ivanna Bell — 5th Place in Business Law
• Asia Lawson — 1st Place in Insurance & Risk Management
• Haley Jett — 2nd Place in Insurance & Risk Management
• Mia Woods — 2nd Place in Help Desk
• Cam’ron Beasley — 3rd Place in Help Desk
• Jack James & Grant Harris (Team Competitors) — 2nd Place in Sports & Entertainment Management
• Kasie Roark & Cassidy Krasinski (Team Competitors) — 1st Place in Digital Video Production
• Sarah Matthews — 4th Place in Health Care Administration
• Lyra Mercado — 2nd Place in Cyber Security
• Cassidy Pridemore — 4th Place in Cyber Security
• Shyquasia Smith — 1st Place in Introduction to Business
• Alyssia Glenn — 6th Place in Public Speaking
The press release states that the students who placed in the Top Five of their events are eligible to compete at the FBLA state competition which will be held in North Charleston March 17-18. It states that the students are currently raising money to help fund the trip. The goal of the fundraising effort is $2,500 to ensure that all the students eligible to compete in the state competition get the opportunity to do so.
Any business or organization that would like to donate to the students’ fundraising effort is asked to contact Mrs. Mary Hooker by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Union County Career and Technology Center at 864-429-1765.
The Future Business Leaders of America is the oldest and largest national organization for student preparing for careers in business. The organization gives students the opportunity to gain a competitive edge for college and career successes.
This story courtesy of the Union County Career and Technology Center.