UNION COUNTY — The 2017 baseball season gets under way this afternoon for the USC Union Bantams with a home game against the Furman Paladins.
In a statement released Friday, the Bantams announced their schedule for the 2017 season. The first game will be played this afternoon at 1 p.m. when USC Union takes to the field against Furman. Today’s game will be a home game with the Bantams facing the Paladins at the Timken Sports Complex. It will be a double-header
Today’s game is the first of the season which will continue Sunday when the Bantams against face the Paladins in a 1 p.m. game at the Sports Complex which is located at 725 Rice Avenue Extension, Union.
In the weeks ahead the Bantams will take to the field against the following teams at the following times on the following dates:
• Wofford Terriers at 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17 (Home game)
• Wofford Terriers at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 4 (Home game)
• NC A&T Aggies at 12 p.m. Saturday, March 18 (Away game)
• NC A&T Aggies at 1 p.m. Sunday, March 19 (Away game)
• High Point Panthers at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 25 (Home game and double-header)
• High Point Panthers at 1 p.m. Sunday, Marcy 26 (Home game)
• Lander Bearcats at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 8 (Away game and a double-header)
• Lander Bearcats at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 9 (Away game)
All home games will be played at the Timken Sports Complex.
The following the individuals, business, and other organization are sponsoring the Bantams and the rest of the USC Union athletic program.
Grand Slam Sponsors
• Arthur State Bank
• Barbara Rippy
• In Memory of Danny Little
Home Run Sponsors
• 1st Franklin Financial Corporation
• Bennie & Yates Giles
• Bantam Chef
• Mike & Linda Cassels
• John & Maureen Catalano
• D&S Land Surveying
• Town of Carlisle
• Union County
• Union County Arts Council
• Vicki McCully
• Frank Hart Insurance Agency/Allstate
For more information about the Bantams Baseball Team and the rest of the USC Union athletic program call 864-424-8056 or email uscuion.sc.edu.
This story courtesy of the USC Union Bantams Baseball Team.