UNION — The Union Council Arts Council Art Gallery always has plenty to please the eye, but on Friday there will also be plenty to please the ear as the gallery will host a concert by “Mellow Night.”
Mellow Night is composed of brothers Jordan and Jakob Lawson. The flier advertising their concert describes Mellow Night as an “Indie Pop/Rock group” who will “fill our gallery with their unique style.”
The concert begins at 7 p.m. Friday and refreshments will be served to those in attendance.
Admission is $10 and UCAC Director Amber Ivey said that “all proceeds will go toward children’s programs for 2017.”
Mellow Night’s performance is just one of the many activities going on at the UCAC Art Gallery in February.
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Writers Group — Local Writers will meet Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 6 p.m. This is open to everyone!
• Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us Feb. 20 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local, musical talent!
• Toddler Time — Friday, Feb. 24, 10:30-11:30 a.m. & 12:30-1:30 p.m.will be all about the little ones! Any child 4 years old or younger is invited to join us! $10.
• Mini Monet — Join us on Saturday, Feb. 18 for a morning full of creativity! We will be celebrating Mardi Gras by making our masks! This class is open to all students, Kindergarten-5th Grade. $15 members/ $20 nonmembers
• 2017 Photography Exhibt Reception — Union is home to some very talented photographers! Come by UCAC to view the work of 5 different local photographers. The closing reception for this exhibit will be held on Thursday, Feb. 23 from 5:30 -7 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
• 2017 Photography Exhibit — Our first exhibit of the year is here! We are honored to house the works of 5 local photographers. We invite you to join us on Thursday, Feb. 23 from 6-7 p.m. for a closing reception honoring our artists. Refreshments will be served.
The Union County Arts Council Art Gallery is located at 116 East Main Street, Union. For more information about the Arts Council and the activities it offers call 864-429-2817.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.