Thursday, Feb. 18
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at 1:30 p.m. at Andy’s.
2016 Democratic Party Election Dates
February 22, 6 p.m., Union County Democratic Party Monthly Meeting, 201 Porter Street.
February 27, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Democratic Presidential Primary.
March 12, 10 a.m., Precincts Reorganization Day, Union County Courthouse, Law Library.
March 21, 7 p.m., Union County Democratic Party County Convention, Union County Courthouse.
April 30, 9 a.m., South Carolina Democratic Party State Convention, Columbia.
May 14, Voter Registration Deadline, June 14 Primaries.
June 14, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., South Carolina Primaries.
June 28, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., South Carolina Primaries Runoff.
July 25-28, National Democratic Convention, Philadelphia, Pa.
October 8, Voter Registration Deadline, November General Election.
November 8, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., General Election.
Please volunteer and get involved in your local voting precincts and vote in all elections.
Contact: Ann Stevens, Union County Democratic Party Chair, 864-429-1108 (v/t)
Wednesday, Feb. 24
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors will have their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry Street. Lunch will be provided.
The scheduled meetings for the rest of 2016 are as follows:
— Wednesday, March 24
— Wednesday, April 27;
— Wednesday, May 25
— Wednesday, June 22
— Wednesday, August 24,
— Wednesday, September 28
— Wednesday, October 26
— Tuesday, November 22.
Tuesday, March 1
• The Union County Beekeepers Association will meet at 6 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds.
Light refreshments are served at 6 p.m. and program begins at 6:30 p.m.
Kerri Lindberg, Clinical Dietitian from Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System-Heart Resource Center will present a program on Nutrition.
Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Union County Arts Council
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.!
• Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us Feb. 15 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local, musical talent!
• Toddler Time — Friday, Feb. 26, 10:30-11:30 a.m. will be all about the little ones! Any child 4 years old or younger, is invited to join us for a morning full of fun art exploration! Each child must have a parent in attendance. Cost $10
• Corky Canvas — DATE NIGHT! Join us for a night of fun, friends, and painting! Each of you will paint your own canvas and when they are put togther it will form a complete piece! Grab your favorite drink and join us for a night out!!! $30 members/$35 non-members per couple.
• Tuesday Morning Painters Exhibit — Our Tuesday Morning Painting with Coffee Group has lined the walls of the UCAC Gallery with their work. Join us on Tuesday, Feb. 16, at 11 a.m. for a Brunch Reception.
Medi Home Hospice is sponsoring a Bereavement Program. Anyone who has lost a loved one and needs guidance with their loss is invited to attend.
The Bereavement Program will be held at the Medi Home Hospice office located at 720 Duncan Bypass, Suite C, Union, on the top floorof Austin Rehab.
Meetings will be every first Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
Facilitators are Rev. Richard Brown, Chaplain; Kanisha Benjamin, Social Worker.
For more information contact 864-426-7784.
Relay For Life Team Meetings
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
All Team Meetings will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 6:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center Family Room.
Union County Relay For Life Event will begin at 7 p.m. Friday, May 13, 2016 at the Union County Fairgrounds.
If you or your organization would like more information about UC Relay For Life, please contact Beth Lancaster (864-426-3438) or Torance Inman ( 864-426-0883).
2016 Union County Council Meetings
Second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
The meetings will be held in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 (Lockhart Town Hall)
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 (Primary held on June 14, 2016)
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 (Carlisle Town Hall)
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 (Jonesville Town Hall)
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 (Election held on November 8, 2016)
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
2016 Union County School Board Meeting Dates
February 22, 2016 — Sims Middle School
March 14, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
(Teacher of the Year Recognition)
March 28, 2016 — Union County High School
April 25, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center (Academic Recognition)
May 9, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center (Retiree Banquet)
May 23, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
June 13, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
June 27, 2016 — Meet if budget has not been approved
July 25, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
August 8, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
August 22, 2016 — Monarch Elementary School
September 12, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
September 26, 2016 — Buffalo Elementary School
October 10, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
October 24, 2016 — Foster Park Elementary School
November 14, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
November 28, 2016 — Jonesville Elementary Middle School
December 12, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
All meetings are at 7 p.m.
The public and media will be notified if location or times change 24 hours prior to meetings.
Mr. Modest Keenan, Union Civitan President thanks Civitan member, Mrs. Lou Stackhouse, for speaking to fellow club members about the Union Cancer Service.