Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
Saturday, Dec. 5
• The Jonesville Christmas Parade will be held at 3 p.m. Groups, clubs, churches, businesses, schools and others interested in being in the parade can contact Tracy at 864-673-9191 or Ronnie at 864-466-7293 or Betsy at 864-674-6799. Line up will be at 1 p.m. sharp at the old First Citizens Bank building on Pacolet Street.
• The Woodmen of the World Christmas Party will be held 6 p.m. at the Woodmen Park. Food will be furnished by the camp. Santa will be there, so bring a wrapped gift to go under the tree for your child. Please bring canned goods for the Salvation Army or donate money.
• The Union County Health Care Foundation will hold its first Christmas Gala at Veteran’s Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
DJ Motown Bobby will be the entertainment for the evening. Hors d’oeuvres, dancing and auctions promise to make this an evening you will not want to miss! Auction items will include handcrafted Christmas decor, decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, etc.
A shuttle will be available from the parking lot to the door of the Lodge.
Tickets are $25 each and are on sale now! Drop by Union Medical Center for your tickets or call Greta Bailey at 864-301-2466 for other ticket locations or for more information about the event.
One hundred percent of the money raised from this event, as with all Foundation events, will go towards the Foundation’s continuing fundraising efforts to improve healthcare in Union County.
Sunday, Dec. 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 will have a meeting at 5 p.m. The meeting will be at 1101 Union Boulevard. Class members please come out and help us plan for the 2016 Reunion. Plans are also being made for a Christmas gathering. Please come out and fellowship with us. Together we can make a difference.
Saturday, Dec. 12
• The Union County Alzheimer’s Support Group will host the first countywide Alzheimer’s Walk which will begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Grace United Methodist Church parking lot. The walk will begin at the church and continue to the Union County Courthouse and back to Grace United Methodist Church.
Thursday, Dec. 17
• The Union Dixie Girls Softball Board Election will be held at 6 p.m. at the Union County Recreation Department.
Saturday, Dec. 19
• Betsy and Company along with Over The Hill Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. First pick up will be at the Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:15 a.m. Second pick up will be at the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 8:50 a.m.. This is our holiday outing, so come and be a part of a fantastic day. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799 to reserve your seat.
Monday, Dec. 21 & Tuesday, Dec. 22
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, Dec. 21 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec. 22 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Come by for some amazing deals and finish up that last minute Christmas shopping!
Mr. Lewis O’Shields made a donation of soccer balls to the Monarch Elementary School student body. Featured with Mr. O’Shields are members of the Student Council. Mr. O’Shields represented the VVA 644 Post 22. MES appreciates this kind donation!