UNION — Food and holiday goodies for sale, musical performances throughout the downtown area, and carriage rides will all be part of this year’s Christmas Open House.
From 6-9 p.m. this Thursday, the merchants, businesses, and other institutions on Main Street in downtown Union will open their doors to the public as part of the annual Christmas Open House which has traditionally helped kick off the holiday season in the community.
Union County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Torance Inman announced Monday that this year’s Christmas Open House will feature a variety of family friendly activities including:
• “Carriage Rides Down Memory Lane” sponsored by Davis Services, Founders FCU, Hospice Care of SC, and Lockhart Power Company.
Inman said the carriage will go down Main Street from the Union County Courthouse to Kimbrell’s and back again. He said a small fee will be charged for each ride.
• An appearance by Miss Union County Fair Overall Kylie Gregory.
Inman said Gregory will be walking along Main Street meeting with the public.
• Santa Claus at Wells Fargo and will pose for photos taken by Timeless Treasures.
Inman said that children of any age can pose with Santa to have their picture taken. He said there will be a small charge for the photos.
• A local artist who will be at the Union County Arts Council.
• Appearances by “Homer” from the Miracle League of Union County and “Frosty the Snowman.”
Inman said that Homer and Frosty will also be walking along Main Street meeting with the public.
• A Friends of the Library book sale.
Inman said that music will also be a big part of this year’s Christmas Open House with performances by the following groups and individuals at the following locations:
• Heath Walker at Keepsake Jewelers.
• The Childers at Arthur State Bank.
• The Monarch Elementary School Chorus at the Union County School District Office at 6 p.m.
• Unique Steps Dance Studio at 6:45 p.m. and Twist & Shout at 7:15 p.m. at the Union County Courthouse.
• Union County Schools Orchestras at the Union County Museum.
• Miss Elaine’s at 6:30 p.m. and Pooh’s Playhouse Karate & Dance at 7 p.m. at WBCU.
• The Bullman Trio at Graham Cash.
• Buffalo Elementary School Chorus at Park Sterling at 6:30 p.m.
A Christmas festival just wouldn’t be the same without good food, including Christmas goodies, to eat, and Inman said there will be plenty Thursday evening during the festival which will feature bake sales and the following vendors:
• Big Daddy’s BBQ
• Buffalo Peanut Co.
• Fat Sam’s
• Davis Peanuts
Inman said that more businesses, churches, clubs, and other groups are welcome to participate and that more may be added to the open house by Thursday.
For more information about Christmas Open House call the Union County Chamber of Commerce at 864-427-9039.