Tuesday, Nov. 17
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a Book, Tech & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
The sale will feature exciting, new items, such as laptops, Samsung products, Beats, Skull Candy headphones, portable speakers, etc. Also featured will be children’s books, cookbooks, gifts for all ages, general interest books and more.
This is a great way to start or finish your Christmas shopping while supporting the UMC Volunteers.
Tuesday, Nov. 17
• Woodmen of the World meets at 5:30 p.m. The Boy Scouts will be with us for a hot dog supper.
We will have a flag retirement ceremony. If you have any old flags that you want to dispose of, leave them at 404 S. Boyce St., Union, or call 864-426-0205.
• The Union County Senior Citizens will have their Holiday Meal “Members Only” at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall at 6 p.m.
David Lawson will be providing the holiday music.
Thursday, Nov. 19
• A yard/bake sale will be held from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. in the parking lot of the old Jonesville High School on Main Street in Jonesville. There will be hot dog plates, clothing, etc. for sale. Proceeds will go towards Betty Hill’s kidney transplant.
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at 1:30 a.m. at Andy’s.
Monday, Nov. 23
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 5:45 p.m., 201 Porter Street. Open to the public.
Friday, Nov. 20
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will be holding their annual Fall Bake Sale in the hospital lobby beginning at 7 a.m. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
Saturday, Dec. 5
• The Jonesville Christmas Parade will be held at 3 p.m. Groups, clubs, churches, businesses, schools and others interested in being in the parade can contact Tracy at 864-673-9191 or Ronnie at 864-466-7293 or Betsy at 864-674-6799. Line up will be at 1 p.m. sharp at the old First Citizens Bank building on Pacolet Street.
• The Union County Health Care Foundation will hold its first Christmas Gala at Veteran’s Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
DJ Motown Bobby will be the entertainment for the evening. Hors d’oeuvres, dancing and auctions promise to make this an evening you will not want to miss! Auction items will include handcrafted Christmas decor, decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, etc.
A shuttle will be available from the parking lot to the door of the Lodge.
Tickets are $25 each and are on sale now! Drop by Union Medical Center for your tickets or call Greta Bailey at 864-301-2466 for other ticket locations or for more information about the event.
One hundred percent of the money raised from this event, as with all Foundation events, will go towards the Foundation’s continuing fundraising efforts to improve healthcare in Union County.
Monday, Dec. 21 & Tuesday, Dec. 22
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, Dec. 21 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec. 22 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Come by for some amazing deals and finish up that last minute Christmas shopping!