Community Prayer Meeting
The Community Prayer Meeting will be observed at noon on Thursday, December 7 at the USC Union Gazebo.
Please come and join with fellow citizens of Union County, and with others in other places as we pray for our country, our community, our state, and also for our world. Pray for the Church, and for revival in Union County.
Let us give thanks for our country, and pray for the revival and awakening we need to turn us in the right direction. Pray for God’s guidance and protection for our leaders at every level. Please pray for our military, police, firefighters, EMS personnel, and others who risk their lives to serve and protect us. Pray that Christ will be at the center of Christmas for more people this year.
ALL ARE WELCOME. If you can’t get to the gazebo, please take some time for special prayer during the day.
Saturday, Dec. 9
8 a.m.: Bethany AME Church will be having a Fish and Grits Sale.
All funds will go towards the Bethany AME Family Community Development Center.
Rev. Ronald McFadden, Pastor.
Carlisle Finishing Group Breakfast
The Carlisle Finishing Group, formerly Cone Mills, will meet Saturday, December 9 at 9 a.m. for breakfast at Midway BBQ.
George Bullman, “The Piano Man,” will entertain the group.
All retirees and former employees are welcome.
For more information call 864-466-5276.
Class Of 1963 Planning Meeting
The Class of 1963 of Sims High School will have a planning meeting Sunday, December 10 at 5 p.m. at New Horizon Christian Church, Union.
For more information contact Wade Hampton or Clearance Hughes.
All classmates are invited to attend.
Housing Authority Meeting
The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union will meet Monday, December 11 at 4:30 p.m. at 201 Porter Street, Union.
Post 22 Meeting
American Legion Post 22’s regular meeting will be held Monday, December 11 at 120 Scenic Drive, with the meal at 6 p.m. and the business meeting at 7 pm.
All members, Ladies Auxiliary and non-member veterans are welcome!
Senior Citizens Meeting
The Union County Senior Citizens will meet at the Mon Aetna Baptist Church Social Hall on Tuesday, December 12 at 6 p.m. for a finger food meal.
Tiffany and Lee Littlejohn & Friends will be singing Christmas music.
December At The UCAC
The following events and activities will be held at the UCAC Art Gallery on Main Street in downtown Union this month.
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Writers Group — Local Writers will meet Tuesday, December 12 at 6 a.m. This is open to everyone!
• Jam at Lunch — Do you have lunch plans? Join us Thursday, Thursday December 7 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Enjoy the musical talents of local members of our community while enjoying your lunch! Do you sing? Play? Feel free to join in!
• Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us Monday, December 18 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local, musical talent!
• Local Artists Showcase — Stop by our gallery to browse the local art that is on display this holiday season. We have pieces from several different Union County Artists, all of which are for sale! This is the perfect opportunity for you to purchase a unique Christmas gift for that hard to buy for person!
• Mini Monet — All children Kindergarten-5th grade are welcome to join us for a morning of creativity Saturday, December 16 from 9 a.m.-11 p.m. $15 members/$20 non-members.
For more information contact Amber at 864-429-2817
Union County School Board Meeting Dates
These are the 2017 Union County School Board of Trustees meeting dates.
• December 11, 2017 — Union County Career and Technology Center
These are the 2018 Union County School Board of Trustees meeting dates.
• January 22, 2018 — Lockhart School
• February 26, 2018 — Sims Middle School
• March 26, 2018 — Union County High School
• April 23, 2018 — Union County Career and Technology Center
• May 21, 2018 — Union County Career and Technology Center (Retiree Banquet)
• June 11, 2018 — Union County Career and Technology Center
• June 25, 2018- Union County Career and Technology Center
(Meet if Budget has not been approved)
• July 23, 2018 — Union County Career and Technology Center
• August 27, 2018 — Monarch Elementary School
• September 24, 2018 — Buffalo Elementary School
• October 22, 2018 — Foster Park Elementary School
• November 26, 2018 — Jonesville Elementary Middle School
• December 10, 2018 — Union County Career and Technology Center
All board meetings are held at 6 p.m. and additional meetings can be scheduled if needed.
The public and media will be notified if location or times change 24 hours prior to meetings.
2017 Union County Council Meeting Dates
These are the 2017 Union County Council meeting dates. All meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. The meetings will be held in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse unless otherwise noted.
• December 12, 2017