Thursday, Sept. 3
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be observed at noon at the USC-U gazebo.
Please come and join with fellow citizens of Union County, and with others in other places as we pray for our country, our community, our state, and also for our world, and for the Church. Please pray for our military and our police, who risk their lives to serve and protect us.
If you can’t get there, please take some time for special prayer during the day. All are welcome.
Friday, Sept. 4-Saturday, Sept. 5
• Sims High School Class of 1965 celebrates their 50 Reunion.
Sunday, Oct. 11
• The Sims High Class of 1968 holds a business meeting at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at 1101 Union Boulevard. New officers will be elected at this time. Please come and vote. Bring your ideas on the 2016 reunion and funding raisers. All class members are asked to attend. We need your help. We are looking forward to seeing you there. Together we can make a difference.
Monday, Oct. 12-Saturday, Oct. 17
• The Union County Senior Citizens have extra seats for the Ohio Holmes Country Amish Tour. Six days, five nights. For more information call 427-8071 or 674-5070. Must call by Sept. 8.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
• One Hope Performing Arts launches an innovative youth program at 3:30 p.m. The NSPIRE program bridges youth to success through academics, acting, dance, music, poetry, and more. Register online at www.onehope.productions or by appointment at One Hope Theatre inside Life Springs (formerly Union Square Cinemas). For more information call 864-466-5428.
Alzheimer’s Support Group
The Alzheimer’s Support Group meets the first Tuesday of every month in the Grace United Methodist Church Parlor at 5:30 p.m.
Friends On Main Open Fridays
Great News! Friends on Main, 126 East Main Street, is open every Friday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Bring a box and shop!
Potters Storehouse 2015 Schedule
The Potters Storehouse will hold its 2015 food distributions on the following dates:
Wednesday, Sept. 9
Wednesday, Sept. 23
Wednesday, Oct. 14
Wednesday, Oct. 28
Wednesday, Nov. 11
Wednesday, Nov. 24
Wednesday, Dec. 9
Wednesday, Dec. 19
Distribution time for each event will be 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
In case of bad weather, snow or ice, The Potters Storehouse will follow the Union County School District schedule (delays/closings).
For more information call Pastor Don Moore at 864-680-3465.
Volunteers are needed.
Arts Council News
Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
Jam at Lunch — Do you have lunch plans? Join us Thursday, Sept. 3, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Enjoy the musical talents of local members of our community. Do you sing? Play? Feel free to join in!
Writers Group — Local Writers will meet Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 6 p.m. This is open to everyone!
Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us Sept. 21 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local, musical talent!
Corky Canvas — Who needs a FUN night out? Join us Friday, Sept. 18 at 6 p.m. All you need are a few friends, a favorite drink, and we provide the rest! Our very talented teacher, Brandy Ketterman will help you create a masterpiece to take home! This week we will be painting a picture perfect for fall! $30 members/$35 non-members Please pre-register
Toddler Time — Friday, Sept. 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m. will be all about the little ones! Any child 4 years old or younger, is invited to join us for a morning full of fun art exploration! Each child must have a parent in attendance. Cost $10.
Fall Door Hanger Class — If you haven’t joined us for one of these classes, now is your chance! We will have several designs to choose from! Don’t paint? No worries, our amazing instructor will be there to walk you through each step! $20 members/$25 non-members
Uniquely Union — We will be open Saturday, Sept. 12, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. We invite everyone to stop in and see what fun activities we have planned!!
2015 Art Exhibition — Thursday, Sept. 24, USC-Union Main Building, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
For more information about the Union County Arts Council call 864-429-2817 or go to www.facebook.com/UnionArts.
The Jonesville Town Festival Committee is looking for volunteers to help with the festival which will take place on Sept. 19, 2015. Also, if there are any vendors that are interested in reserving booths, feel free to contact Randy Spencer at 864-426-2219 or Betsy Thompson at 674-6799.
This is a community function. All are welcome. We will look forward to hearing from you.
The Jonesville High School Class of 1973 is planning their 43rd class reunion. If interested in attending contact Dianne West at 674-0994 or Barbara Baldwin at 429-1262 and leave a message.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at [email protected]
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to [email protected], by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.
Jonesville Elementary /Middle School would like to thank the Cooper River Co-Op for their thoughtful donation of book bags and various other, much needed school supplies. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!