Monday, Aug. 24
• The Union County Board of School Trustees holds its Regular Board Meeting at 7 p.m. at Jonesville Elementary/Middle School.
The following items are on the agenda:
Additional SCAGO Bond Resolution adopted
Recommendation: Adopt Resolution
Monthly Budget Report
Technology/Device Pilot Project Participation
Recommendation: Approve Participation in State Digital Device Pilot Project
Public and Board notice of UCSD’s CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) Compliance (Reference Board Policy IJNDB and Technology Plan Acceptable Use Policy)
Review of 6th Grade Survey from Instructors and their usage of the Pilot Year I Digital Devices in their classrooms.
Personnel and Student Services
Recommendation: Approve report
Tuesday, Aug. 25
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. Please bring finger food. Entertainment will be provided.
Wednesday, Aug. 26
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors will have their monthly meeting at 12 p.m. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry Street. Lunch will be provided.
Friday, Aug. 28
• Clemson Extension Service will have a Fencing School to teach farmers, gardeners and other interested parties how to put up a fence. The school will be held from 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Clemson Extension Service, 1100 West Floyd Baker Blvd., Suite C, Gaffney. The school costs $15 per participant. For more information go to calendar.clemson.edu/events/fencing_school or call Amy at 1-864-489-3141, Ext. 114.^
Tuesday, Sept. 1
The Union County Beekeepers Association will meet at 6 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds.
Jennifer Tsuruda, Clemson University Cooperative Extension’s apiculture specialist will present an informative program.
Light refreshments are served at 6 p.m. and program begins at 6:30 p.m. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Alzheimer’s Support Group
The Alzheimer’s Support Group meets the first Tuesday of every month in the Grace United Methodist Church Parlor at 5:30 p.m.
Friends On Main Open Fridays
Great News! Friends on Main, 126 East Main Street, is open every Friday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Bring a box and shop!
Potters Storehouse 2015 Schedule
The Potters Storehouse will hold its 2015 food distributions on the following dates:
Wednesday, Aug. 26
Wednesday, Sept. 9
Wednesday, Sept. 23
Wednesday, Oct. 14
Wednesday, Oct. 28
Wednesday, Nov. 11
Wednesday, Nov. 24
Wednesday, Dec. 9
Wednesday, Dec. 19
Distribution time for each event will be 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
In case of bad weather, snow or ice, The Potters Storehouse will follow the Union County School District schedule (delays/closings).
For more information call Pastor Don Moore at 864-680-3465.
Volunteers are needed.
The Jonesville Town Festival Committee is looking for volunteers to help with the festival which will take place on Sept. 19, 2015. Also, if there are any vendors that are interested in reserving booths, feel free to contact Randy Spencer at 864-426-2219 or Betsy Thompson at 674-6799.
This is a community function. All are welcome. We will look forward to hearing from you.
The Jonesville High School Class of 1973 is planning their 43rd class reunion. If interested in attending contact Dianne West at 674-0994 or Barbara Baldwin at 429-1262 and leave a message.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at [email protected]
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.!Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email [email protected]
• The Union County Arts Council hosts Corky Canvas every Friday at 6 p.m. Who needs a FUN night out? All you need are a few friends, a favorite drink, and we provide the rest! Our very talented teacher, Brandy Ketterman will help you create a masterpiece to take home! Each week we will have a different theme. $30 members/$35 non-members Please pre-register.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to [email protected], by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.