By Charles Warner
UNION — A reception for an exhibit of art produced by the arts faculty of Converse College and the artists who produced them will be held this evening at the Union County Arts Council Art Gallery.
The exhibit, which is on display through Aug. 30, is composed of approximately 40 pieces of art produced by 14 artists, all of them members of the faculty at Converse College. The Converse College faculty members who contributed to the exhibit are:
• Andrew Blanchard, Associate Professor of Art — Printmaking and Photography
• Andrea Elliott, Instructor of Art Education
• Susanne Floyd Gunter, Assistant Professor of Art Education, Chair of the Department of Art and Design
• Jane Hughes, Assistant Professor of Interior Design
• Dianne Rash Bagnal, Retired Assistant Professor of Art Education
• Mary Carlisle, Adjunct Professor, Arts Management Minor Program
• Mike Massengale, Adjunct Instructor, Graphic Design
• Robyn Allwright, Adjunct Instructor — Art History
• Vivianne Lee Carey, Adjunct Instructor — Three-Dimensional Design
• Gretchen (Geri) Hurlburt, Coordinator of the Art Therapy Program, Associate Professor of Art Therapy
• Greg Mueller, Assistant Professor of Art — Sculpture
• Frazer S.M. Pajak, Professor Emeritus, Interior Design
• Teresa Prater, Charles A. Dana Professor of Studio Art — Painting, Drawing, and Sculpture
• David Zacharias, Associate Professor of Art — Ceramics
The faculty members used a variety of mediums in their works of art on display including paintings done with oil, charcoal, and watercolor; three-dimensional sculpture; and digital photography. In addition to contributing her work to the exhibit, Gunter also organized it.
A reception for the exhibit and the artists will be held at the UCAC Art Gallery this evening at 6 p.m. The reception is open to the public.
The Union County Arts Council Art Gallery is located at 116 E. Main St., Union. For more information on the exhibit and the Arts Council call 864-429-2817.
The gallery is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. each day.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090 or email@example.com.