UNION — Persons who attend the Union County Arts Council’s 2017 Wine Tasting will have six wines from an Upstate winery to sample.
In a statement released Thursday, Union County Arts Council Director Amber Ivey announced that the 2017 Wine Tasting will be held Friday, March 10 at the UCAC Art Gallery on Main Street in downtown Union.
“We will hold two tastings at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.,” Ivey said. “The Cat’s Paw Winery will be supplying our wine while Bob Love, this year’s Sommelier, will provide us with all the information.”
Ivey said that tickets for the wine tasting are $10 each and can be purchased at the Art Gallery or from any UCAC board member. She said all tickets must be purchased in advance because none will be sold at the door.
Cat’s Paw Winery
The press release also included the following information about Cat’s Paw Winery taken from its website (catspawwinery.com).
John Burks is the owner of Cat’s Paw Winery, in Rock Hill, SC. After making wine for several years, his Book of the Month Club members finally convinced him to open to the public.
The winery was named after Joey, an orange cat. Joey has come up in the world, big time, starting out as a barn cat and becoming the most interesting cat in the world. In between these two highlights of his life, John noticed how much Joey appreciated strawberry yogurt. Whenever John would open a carton, Joey would dip his paw into the carton and then lick his paw. So, if John opens a carton for himself, he now knows he needs to open one up for Joey, too. When John needed a mascot for his winery, the choice was obvious: he gave his niece a picture of Joey and she created the logo.
There are 11 varieties of whites and reds all made in the true small batch craftsman style. He has a tasting room that includes areas to visit with your friends or retail areas for purchases.
We welcome all to come visit us and experience the newest Winery in South Carolina. Open Thursday, Friday & Saturday. noon-8 p.m.
March At The UCAC
The 2017 Wine Tasting is one of the many events and activities the UCAC will be hosting at its Arts Gallery during March. Those activities and events include:
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Writers Group — Local Writers will meet Tuesday, March 14 at 6 p.m. This is open to everyone.
• Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us March 20 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local, musical talent.
• Toddler Time — Friday, March 24 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. & 12:30-1:30 p.m. will be all about the little ones! Any child 4 years old or younger is invited to join us. $10.
• Mini Monet — Join us on Saturday, March 18 for a morning full of secret creativity! We will be making secret book safes! Kindergarten-5th Grade. $15 members/ $20 nonmembers.
• 2017 Elementary Youth Art Show Reception — UCAC will honor Union County’s talented elementary school students with a reception on March 23 starting at 5:30 p.m. The UCAC gallery will be filled with over 50 pieces of artwork created by students, kindergarten to 5th grade. We invite everyone to join us. Refreshments will be served.
The UCAC is also holding its annual membership drive in March. Persons interested in joining are urged to call, email, or stop in at the Art Gallery to do so. All members receive special pricing on camps, classes, and events. For more information contact UCAC Director Amber Ivey at 864-429-2817.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.