SPARTANBURG — Here’s a recipe for making four servings of “Super Easy Spaghetti Squash.”
• 2 cups microwaved spaghetti squash (1 small squash or 1/2 large)
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
• black pepper to taste
1. Stab spaghetti squash several times with a paring knife so that steam can escape while it is being microwaved.
2. Microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Turn squash and microwave for 3 more minutes. Repeat until squash is soft and skin is wrinkled.
3. Cut in half. Scoop out seeds, then use spoon to scrape stringy squash fibers into the bowl.
4. Stir chopped veggies, salt, and pepper into squash. Microwave for 5 more minutes.
5. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Make this dish you own by mixing your favorite veggies with the squash!
This recipe is from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and was provided by the Spartanburg Regional Heatlhcare System.