UNION — State Farm and agent Letha King are the center of this month’s Spotlight On Business.
Letha King was born and raised in Greeneville, Tenn., and attended Clemson University where she was a member of the Rally Cat Dance Team. That is also where she met her husband, Jeremy. They have been married for seven years and have one son, Jennings, who is almost 2.
Upon her graduation from Clemson, King was offered a sales position with State Farm as an office team member for Terence Roberts in Anderson.
“I worked there learning the business and being his office manager from 2003-2008,” King said.
In 2008, she was selected by State Farm to become a State Farm Agent in Union.
“Our doors officially opened Oct.1, 2008, and since then, this office has consistently been in the top 250 producing in insurance and financial services of State Farm in the southeast region comprised of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi,” King said. “Since moving to Union in 2008, we have been involved in the community through organizations such as Rotary, Union County Booster Club and Grace United Methodist Church.”
King said she is proud of the fact that everyone in her office lives and works in Union.
“Each of my ladies have grown up in Union County,” she said. “We take pride in being your first and best option for insurance and financial services. We are honest and caring and always try to take care of our customers how we would want to be taken care of ourselves. Whether it is answering an email on the weekend from a concerned customer or helping a customer at the house during a fire, we are here for our customers and Union County.”
King said during this time of year, she likes to remind everyone to be safe, and she offered several tips for the holidays:
- Be sure to keep your tree watered. To help keep your tree fresh, the National Christmas Tree Association recommends adding one quart of water per day for each inch of the trunk’s diameter.
- Use proper indoor and outdoor lighting for your decorations.
- Don’t let your garbage advertise your new gadgets. Be sure to take your boxes to be recycled instead of showing potential burglars all your new gadgets.
- Do not leave the kitchen unattended while cooking, and be sure not to wear loose fitting clothing.
- Drive extra slow in the parking lots to give you more reaction time. There are more people out shopping and more traffic in the area. Giving yourself extra reaction time can prevent accidents.
Letha King’s State Farm office is located in the Merchant’s Walk Shopping Center, 408 N. Duncan Bypass, Suite C in Union, beside Little Caesar’s and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 427-5634 for more information.