UNION — A blues musician on a front porch, two birds at an oasis, another bird taking flight and a portrait of calmness were the subjects of the other winners of the Union County Arts Council’s 2012 Juried Arts Show.
Nine awards were presented during the show which was held Sept. 20 at USC Union, among them the People’s Choice Award and the Col. and Mr. W.J. Whitener Award, both of which were won by Diamurid Kelly, for his painting, “The Musicians.”
The seven other award winners were:
• Abiding Calm by Deborah Tidwell Holtzscheiter — Arthur State Bank Award
• Ibis Oasis by Susan M. Hopps — Wallace Thomson Hospital Award
• The Survivors #7 by Tom Thompson — Frank Hart Allstate Insurance Co. Award
• Wings of Hope by JoAnne Anderson — Timken Tyger River Plant Award
• Front Porch Blues by Marcia Murray — Union Family Pharmacy Award
• Shellstraction II by Heather Thomas Noe — United Wood Treating Co. Award
• Kaleidoscope by W. Tobi Bordihn — Switzer Award
The show will run through Oct. 19 at USC Union’s main building and may be viewed during the university’s normal operating hours. The mail building is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
For more information about the Union County Arts Council’s programs, classes and events, call (864) 429-2817, email at email@example.com or view the council’s website at www.unioncountyartscouncil.com. The council can be followed on Twitter and Facebook.
Editor Charles Warner can be reached at 864-427-1234, ext. 14, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.