To the editor:
I am writing this letter to express my gratitude and appreciation for the doctors and staff employed in the emergency room at Wallace Thomson Hospital.
On June 3, while attempting to enter the basement from an outside entrance, I was apparently stung by a bee. Immediately, I began to feel chills, became feverish, and noticed the development of a rash on my face. I went inside my home to apply treatment from the medicine cabinet, took two Benadryl pills, hoping I would feel better. I called my wife, Alma, who was at work. Upon her arrival, we agreed that I should go to the emergency room.
From the moment of our arrival in emergency, the staff was very professional, courteous, and helpful. I told the receptionist at the window that I had apparently a bad reaction to a bee sting. I showed her my body rashes. Very calmly, she went into action. The wait time was minimal.
Within 10 minutes, I was being treated by a very kind nurse in a waiting room. The attending physician, Dr. Keven Holcombe, made eye contact with me, and from my first experience as a human resources manager, I could tell that he was a caring and concerned doctor. He could sense that I was scared and frightened from not knowing what to expect. He assured me that everything would be all right. I was relieved to know that I was in very capable hands.
I thank first and foremost, God, who sustains us at all time.
I shared this experience to let my fellow citizens of Union County know that if they should ever need help from the health care professionals at the emergency department at Wallace Thomson Hospital that in any situation if approached with a positive attitude, nine out of of 10 times the experience will be positive.
Again, I would like to thank the emergency team at Wallace Thomson. The doctor and medical staff were very professional, knowledgeable, courteous, caring, and compassionate. They are to be commended for providing quality care for our citizens.