A quick moving fire destroyed a house in the City of Union Thursday morning.
Union Public Safety officers and volunteer firefighters were called to the home of Kevin Pluskhat on 226 Walker Heights around 7:32 a.m. The family was renting the home from Ellis Langley.
Capt. Tony Gregory, City of Union fire commander, said the fire started in the back of the house in an enclosed porch area.
“It is still undetermined how or what started it but it was not suspicious in nature,” Gregory said. “It moved through very fast, but everybody got out and there were no injuries.”
Gregory said the wood frame and asbestos shingle house was “pretty much totaled.”
Firefighters were called back to the house around 10:30 a.m. Thursday after it reblazed.
Gregory said the American Red Cross is assisting the family.