Tuesday, March 26
• The Union County Council will holds a budget work session beginning at 8 a.m. in the Conference Room at the Union County Annex. The public is invited to attend.
• The Union County Democratic Party attends the meeting of the Fairfield County Democratic Party at 6 p.m. at Christ Central Community Center, 235 S. Congress St., Winnsboro. Sen. Vincent Sheheen will be the special guest.
• The Union County Senior Citizens will meet at 6 p.m. at the Mon Aetna Church Social Hall. Bring a covered dish for the meal. All members come and find out about the things for the rest of this year. Ronnie Lybrand will be singing.
• Carlisle Town Council meets in regular session at 6:30 pm in the Carlisle Town Hall.
Wednesday, March 27
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board will have their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
Friday, March 29
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers hold their annual Spring Bake Sale at 7 a.m. in the hospital lobby. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund.
Saturday, March 30
• The Dollar General RFL Team holds “Basketball Tournaments” on March 30 and again on April 20 at 9 a.m. at Jonesville Complex Gymnasium. For information contact David Hicks 864-673-2623 or Niki Stinespring at 864-674-2603.
Sunday, March 31
• The Town of Carlisle holds an Easter Egg Hunt at 3 p.m. at the Carlisle Playground for children up to 10 years of age. Bring your own baskets.
Monday, April 1
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to Biltmore Farmer’s Market. The departure time is 8 a.m. from Wal Mart. For more information call Patty Morrison at 674-5167 or Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665.
Tuesday, April 2
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meet at 7 p.m. in Clemson Extension classroom. Those wanting more information may call Jim Stevens at 426-4344 or Bart Woodard at 429-1388.
Saturday, April 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 trip to Harrah Cherokee Casino departs at 9:15 a.m. from the old Wal Mart parking lot. Call Betsy at 864-674-6799 for more information if interesting in attending.
Sunday, April 7
• The Bethel United Methodist Church Relay For Life Team holds a “Relay For Life Dinner” at the church. Plates will be $8. The menu includes steak and gravy, fried chicken, rice and gravy, cream potatoes and gravy, green beans, Lima beans, macaroni pie, slaw, rolls, dessert, and tea. Contact Cindy at 427-7178 for more information.
Tuesday, April 9
• Union County Relay For Life holds a captain’s meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more information contact Event Chair Beth Lancaster at 426-3438 or Torance Inman at 426-0883.
Friday, April 12
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Chinese Auction at 6:30 p.m. in the Corinth Church Fellowship Hall. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
Saturday, April 13
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to America’s Favorite Treasure Hunt in Atlanta, Ga. Departure is at 7 a.m. from the Wal Mart parking lot. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
• The Jonesville Elementary/Middle School RFL Team will be having their “Annual Cow Patty Festival” at 10 a.m. at the school. Squares are selling for $2 each. For information contact Bernice Inman at 427-9830.
Monday, April 15
• The Union Master Gardeners meet at 6 p.m. at the Clemson Extension Office. Guest speaker will be Linda Cobb who will do a presentation on English Cottage Gardening for American Gardeners. The club extends an invitation to all past and present members and anyone interested in this presentation. Bring a covered dish if you would like to join us for dinner.
Saturday, April 20
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Yard Sale & Fish Sandwich Sale at 7 a.m. “until they sell out” in the Union County Stadium. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
• The St. Luke Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Songfest at 5 p.m. at St. Luke Baptist Church in Lukesville.
Sunday, April 21
• The Covenant Baptist Church RFL team holds a Sunday Meal at the church facility — $7 for adults and $4 for kids. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
• The Wandering Friends RFL Team holds a “Pancake Supper” from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on April 23 at the Bethlehem Methodist Church. For information contact Wanda Littlejohn at 674-6421.
Saturday, April 27
• The Fairforest Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Fish Fry at the church — Advance Ticket Sales only. For information contact Dora Palka at 674-1905.
Friday, May 10
• Union County Relay For Life is held at 7 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds.
Thursday, May 16
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to the Catawba Boat Dinner Cruise with departure from the Wal Mart parking lot at 9:30 a.m. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
Monday, June 3 and Tuesday, June 4
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club departs from the Wal Mart parking lot at 7 p.m. for a two-day, one-night trip to Charleston. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation Department will hold Youth Baseball Registration through March 22. The registration fee is $35 per participant. T-Ball is offered for 3-4 year olds and Coach Pitch is offered for 5-7 year olds. T-Ball participants should be 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2013 and Coach Pitch participants cannot turn 8 years old before Sept. 1, 2013. Birth Certificate and Proof of Medical Insurance required for registration. All fees must be paid at time of registration. Late registration will be held March 25-29 for an extra fee. Call Sam at (864) 429-1670 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation seeks coaches for T-Ball and Coach Pitch Baseball for its Youth Baseball League. Anyone interested in coaching should come by the recreation department at 111 Thomas St., Union, and fill out a volunteer application and a background check. Call Sam at (864) 429-1670 for more information
• “Painting with Coffee” meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium can attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation Department is accepting new students for its After-School Program. Registration fee and weekly fees charged. Students ages 5-12 years old are picked up from Foster Park, Monarch and Buffalo Elementary, and Sims Middle School. We offer homework help, snack, and extra activities led by dedicated, experienced counselors. Call Jessica at 429-1670 or visit www.unionscrec.com for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
• The Austin Rehab Relay For Life team is raising money through three ongoing fundraisers: selling cookbooks for $10, selling short-sleeved T-shirts for $12 and long-sleeved T-shirts for $15, and $1 raffle tickets for a three-month fitness. The raffle drawing will be held May 13 at the center. For information contact Mandy at 429-3003.
• The Covenant Baptist Church Relay For Life Team holds a Sunday meal at the church as an ongoing fundraiser. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
Items for our Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times for publication via email to email@example.com, by fax to (864) 427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379. Items will run on a space available basis.