UNION — Union Hospital District continued its National Hospital Week celebrations with a Service Awards ceremony at Wallace Thomson Hospital Tuesday afternoon.
During Tuesday’s ceremony, Toni Gregory was announced as the 2013 Employee of the Year for Wallace Thomson Hospital and Cheryl McCollum was announced as the 2013 Employee of the Year for Ellen Sagar Nursing Home. Recipients were chosen from a group of Award of Excellence recipients throughout the year.
Toni’s nominators stated:
• Toni’s trademark is her ability to be selfless. She epitomizes the concept of ‘hard work’.
• Toni’s customer base is very diverse. She makes herself available to these customers 24/7. She is dedicated to the success of this organization. Toni always has the Union Hospital District’s best interest at heart. Her duties are critical to our healthcare system. She always takes her job seriously knowing that her outcomes are a reflection of our success.
• Even when Toni is not on call, it is not unusual for her to get a call from a co-worker, a Nurse on the unit, a Physician with a situation, or a colleague needing help. She always helps them, without complaint, because that is what she does, that’s who she is!
• Toni is always courteous and professional; always encouraging her customers in a positive manner. She is a great team player and morale builder.
• If you give her a task, it will get done….with little or no supervision. She remains focused, from the beginning of a task to its completion.
Cheryl’s nominators stated:
• Cheryl began at Ellen Sagar as a Nursing Assistant. She changed positions to a Ward Clerk (Nursing Secretary) and is now the Transportation Coordinator.
• Cheryl is indeed a pleasure to work with. She is always pleasant and willing to do anything for anyone. She is very organized and efficient. If you need something done and done well, she is the person for the job.
• Ellen Sagar is very fortunate to have her on our team.