UNION — The City of Union Planning Department issued 46 permits and business licenses in December, collecting more than $200,000 in fees.
In its report to council for the month of December, the department reported issuing 39 permits and collecting $1,350 in fees on projects with a combined value of $201,976.
For the month, the department issued:
• Two permits for $285 on $55,612 worth of commercial repairs.
• Seventeen permits for $325 on $53,590 worth of residential repairs.
• Six electrical permits for $158 on $4,815 worth of residential repairs.
• One heating/air conditioning permit for $215 on a new commercial project worth $40,300.
• Four heating/air conditioning permits for $200 on new residential projects worth $30,664.
• Three heating/air conditioning permits for $80 on $9,500 worth of residential repairs.
• Three commercial occupancy permits.
• Three plumbing permits for $87 on $7,500 worth of residential repair projects.
The department also issued seven business license fees in December collecting $788.40 in fees.
In December, the construction of the new Shoe Show Building at 513 N. Duncan Bypass was underway.
The demolition of a building at 112 Sims Drive by the owner was completed during December.
A total of nine inspections were conducted by the department in December including building (two), electrical (four), and heating/air conditioning (three).
The department issued nine letters for nuisance and code violations in December.
Nuisances and code violations include overgrown grass, abandoned vehicles, signs and condemned structures.
Editor Charles Warner can be reached at 864-427-1234, ext. 14, or by email at email@example.com.