SPARTANBURG —These are the facts about Hospice Care of South Carolina.
HCSC (www.hospicecare.net) is located at 110 Dillon Drive, Spartanburg, and can be reached at 864-542-2100 or 800-932-2738. It has 33 offices providing coverage to all of South Carolina’s 46 counties including its Union office which is located at 408 N. Duncan Bypass, Suite, 6, Union, and can be reached at 864-429-4827.
It is the leading provider of health care services in the state. HCSC was created to make a difference in every life touched by an advanced life-limited illness. For more than a decade it has been changing the way people think about hospice care by focusing no the living, and focusing on what the end of life can be. HCSC is the only hospice provider in South Carolina that trains others in every core curriculum of the End of Life Nursing Education Consortium.
HCSC has a staff of 400-plus employees meeting the needs of the communities it serves. It employs 37.5 percent of all certified hospice and palliative-care licensed nurses and 34.65 percent of all National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses in South Carolina.
The service/care offered by HCSC includes:
• Routine Home Care — Offers hospice aid visits, nursing, and other support services. Each HCSC patient had an individualized care plan which is specific to each patient’s needs.
• General In-Patient Care — Offered when a patient has a temporary need that can’t be maintained in the home setting and is related to their hospice diagnosis. Care is provided in a hospital setting or nursing facility.
• Crisis Care — Offered when there is an increase in skilled need that is provided in an in-home setting with extended bedside care. HCSC the leading provider of this type of care in the State of South Carolina.
• Respite Care — Is provided when a caregiver requests a temporary break from caring for their loved one.
• Pediatric Care — Specialized comfort care for children with life-limiting illnesses ages 0-21.
HCSC has received a number of special awards including:
• 2013 James B. Thompson Small Business of the Year
• 2012 South Carolina Governor’s Quality Award
• 2012 National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses Employer of the Year
• 2011 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award