Thursday, April 18
• Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1 p.m. Anyone who is interested in joining the club is welcome to join.
Saturday, April 20
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Yard Sale & Fish Sandwich Sale at 7 a.m. “until they sell out” in the Union County Stadium. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
• McBeth Baptist Church sponsors Health Fair/Wellness Workshop 2013. There will be free health information and services including blood pressure screening; eye exam; Safe Home Abuse Prevention; natural pain relief; a combined station of the American Cancer Society and Best Chance Network; information on the possibility of free mammogram and pap smear; Upstate Pediatric; information CHA officer and Wallace Thomson Hospital surgery and primary care; Women’s Health Services; Union OB/GYN; YMCA; family dentistry; nutritionist; diabetic education; smoking cessation; and health insurance broker. There will also be refreshments and door prizes. The facilitators for the event are Dr. Natashia Jeter and Savtri Parham. For more information call Dr. Jeter at 864-427-8572 or Ms. Parham at 864-431-4148.
• Union County Carnegie Library hosts a book signing by author Danny Reginald Pearson from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Pearson, a resident of Hendersonville, N.C., will be available to sign copies of his book, “Victorious Spirit.”
• The St. Luke Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Songfest at 5 p.m. at St. Luke Baptist Church in Lukesville.
Sunday, April 21
• The Covenant Baptist Church RFL team holds a Sunday Meal at the church facility — $7 for adults and $4 for kids. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
• The Wandering Friends RFL Team holds a “Pancake Supper” from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on April 23 at the Bethlehem Methodist Church. For information contact Wanda Littlejohn at 674-6421.
Thursday, April 25
• The Union County Arts Council holds an awards reception for the 2013 Youth Art Show Grades K-5 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Thursday, April 25-Saturday, April 27
• The Friends of the Union County Carnegie Library holds its annual book sale fundraiser on April 25-27 at the Lions Club building on Main Street. The sale will run Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. If you are a member of the FOL you will get 50 percent off your purchase. Memberships are available at the sale. This is the Friends largest annual fundraiser and all proceeds go directly towards supporting the Union County Carnegie Library. Anyone interested in helping with the sale or who would like more information can contact email@example.com.
Saturday, April 27
• The Fairforest Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Fish Fry at the church — Advance Ticket Sales only. For information contact Dora Palka at 674-1905.
• The Ladies Auxiliary at Philippi Fire Department holds a BBQ sale. BBQ will be sold for $6 a pint. Tickets are available from any Philippi firefighter. Tickets will be on sale until April 20. Orders will be ready for pickup at Philippi Fire Department from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. For additional information contact Lora Knox at 426-1170 or Michelle Frost at 441-8230 or Fire Chief Dennis Frost at 426-8160.
Sunday, April 28
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 meets at 5 p.m. at 1101 Union Boulevard. Please plan on attending. Business of importance. For information please call 674-6799.
Friday, May 10
• Union County Relay For Life is held at 7 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds.
Saturday, May 18
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. for breakfast at Midway. Guest speaker will be Andrena Powell-Baker, executive director of the Union County Development Board, who will make a presentation on proposals to upgrade the Trakas Industrial Site and Union Commerce Park. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Thursday, May 30
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to the Catawba Boat Dinner Cruise with departure from the Wal Mart parking lot at 1:30 p.m. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation seeks coaches for T-Ball and Coach Pitch Baseball for its Youth Baseball League. Anyone interested in coaching should come by the recreation department at 111 Thomas St. and fill out a volunteer application and a background check. Call Sam at (864) 429-1670 for more information
• “Painting with Coffee” meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium can attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation Department is accepting new students for its After-School Program. Registration fee and weekly fees charged. Students ages 5-12 years old are picked up from Foster Park, Monarch and Buffalo Elementary, and Sims Middle School. We offer homework help, snack, and extra activities led by dedicated, experienced counselors. Call Jessica at 429-1670 or visit www.unionscrec.com for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
• The Austin Rehab Relay For Life team is raising money through three ongoing fundraisers: selling cookbooks for $10, selling short-sleeved T-shirts for $12 and long-sleeved T-shirts for $15, and $1 raffle tickets for a three-month fitness. The raffle drawing will be held May 13 at the center. For information contact Mandy at 429-3003.
• The Covenant Baptist Church Relay For Life Team holds a Sunday meal at the church as an ongoing fundraiser. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
Items for our Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times for publication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (864) 427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379. Items will run on a space available basis.