Tuesday, May 21
• Volunteers are need for a food distribution for residents of the Carlisle Community at the Carlisle Town Hall from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Carlisle Community residents looking to receive the food being distributed should bring a picture ID and plastic bags. For more information call 427-1505.
• Bonham FCL meets at Clemson building at 11 a.m. and then goes to Dawkins to eat.
• The Union County Commission on Alcohol & Drug Abuse meets at 5:30 p.m. at the agency. The meeting is also open to the public for anyone wanting to attend.
• Union City Council meets at 6:30 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building.
Wednesday, May 22
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors holds their monthly meeting a noon at 226 S. Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
Thursday, May 23
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers holds a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday, May 24
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers holds a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tuesday, May 28
• U.S. Fifth District Rep. Mick Mulvaney holds a Union County Town Hall from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the USC Union Auditorium, 401 E. Main St..
Thursday, May 30
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to the Catawba Boat Dinner Cruise with departure from the Wal Mart parking lot at 1:30 p.m. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
• The Union County Arts Council holds an awards reception for the 2013 Photography Contest & Exhibit from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation needs coaches for T-Ball and Coach Pitch Baseball for its Youth Baseball League. Anyone interested in coaching should come by the recreation department at 111 Thomas St. and fill out a volunteer application and a background check. Call Sam at 429-1670 for more information.
• “Painting with Coffee” meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium can attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation Department is accepting new students for its After-School Program. Registration fee and weekly fees charged. Students ages 5-12 years old are picked up from Foster Park, Monarch and Buffalo elementary schools, and Sims Middle School. Homework help, snacks and extra activities are offered. Call Jessica at 429-1670 or visit www.unionscrec.com for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are June 11, July 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
• The Covenant Baptist Church Relay For Life Team holds a Sunday meal at the church as an ongoing fundraiser. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
Items for Out & About can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Out & About, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.