Saturday, April 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 trip to Harrah Cherokee Casino departs at 9:15 a.m. from the old Wal Mart parking lot. Call Betsy at 864-674-6799 for more information if interesting in attending.
• Corinth Community Development Corporation, a community service organization, sponsors its Second Annual Still I Rise Evening With The Stars Gala at Corinth Baptist Church at 6 p.m. NFL veteran Landon Cohen will be guest speaker.
Sunday, April 7
• The Bethel United Methodist Church Relay For Life Team holds a “Relay For Life Dinner” at the church. Plates will be $8. The menu includes steak and gravy, fried chicken, rice and gravy, cream potatoes and gravy, green beans, Lima beans, macaroni pie, slaw, rolls, dessert, and tea. Contact Cindy at 427-7178 for more information.
Monday, April 8
• Bell South Pioneers meets at noon at Andy’s.
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group meets from 6-8 p.m.. at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union. Meeting is open to the public. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
• The American Legion Post 22 of Union holds its regular monthly meeting. The meeting will be held in its usual location in Foster Park — the Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive. Starting at 6 p.m., a meal will be served, with voluntary contributions towards the cost much appreciated. At approximately 6:30 p.m., a guest speaker will do a presentation, followed by a business meeting at 7 p.m. Guests interested in becoming members are always welcome; Post 22 usually meets on the second Monday evening of the month.
• The Union County Board of School Trustees meets in regular session at 6:30 p.m. Sims Middle School.
Tuesday, April 9
• Union County Relay For Life holds a captain’s meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more information contact Event Chair Beth Lancaster at 426-3438 or Torance Inman at 426-0883.
• American Legion Post 87 meets in the Flats at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10
• Happy Hearts meets at noon at Dawkins.
Thursday, April 11
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees will meet at Midway BBQ at 6 p.m.
Friday, April 12
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Chinese Auction at 6:30 p.m. in the Corinth Church Fellowship Hall. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
Saturday, April 13
• GUMCEP hosts a yard sale/bake sale from 8 a.m.-noon in the Grace United Methodist Fellowship Hall.
• The Jonesville Elementary/Middle School RFL Team will be having their “Annual Cow Patty Festival” at 10 a.m. at the school. Squares are selling for $2 each. For information contact Bernice Inman at 427-9830.
• Martha Chapter O.E.S. meets at 10 a.m. at the Union Masonic Temple. Light refreshments will be served at 9:30 a.m. All members are urged to attend. Installation of officers will be held.
Monday, April 15
• Bonham FCL meets at 11 a.m. in the Clemson Building.
• The Union Master Gardeners meet at 6 p.m. at the Clemson Extension Office. Guest speaker will be Linda Cobb who will do a presentation on English Cottage Gardening for American Gardeners. The club extends an invitation to all past and present members and anyone interested in this presentation. Bring a covered dish if you would like to join us for dinner.
• “Monday Night Music” at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union meeting from 6:30-8:30 p.m.. All musicians playing any type of music are invited to attend. The public is invited to listen for free. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Thursday, April 18
• Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1 p.m. Anyone who is interested in joining the club is welcome to join.
Saturday, April 20
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Yard Sale & Fish Sandwich Sale at 7 a.m. “until they sell out” in the Union County Stadium. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
• The St. Luke Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Songfest at 5 p.m. at St. Luke Baptist Church in Lukesville.
Sunday, April 21
• The Covenant Baptist Church RFL team holds a Sunday Meal at the church facility — $7 for adults and $4 for kids. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
• The Wandering Friends RFL Team holds a “Pancake Supper” from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on April 23 at the Bethlehem Methodist Church. For information contact Wanda Littlejohn at 674-6421.
Thursday, April 25
• The Union County Arts Council holds an awards reception for the 2013 Youth Art Show Grades K-5 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Saturday, April 27
• The Fairforest Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Fish Fry at the church — Advance Ticket Sales only. For information contact Dora Palka at 674-1905.
Sunday, April 28
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 meets at 5 p.m. at 1101 Union Boulevard. Please plan on attending. Business of importance. For information please call 674-6799.
Friday, May 10
• Union County Relay For Life is held at 7 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds.
Thursday, May 16
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to the Catawba Boat Dinner Cruise with departure from the Wal Mart parking lot at 9:30 a.m. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
Monday, June 3 and Tuesday, June 4
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club departs from the Wal Mart parking lot at 7 p.m. for a two-day, one-night trip to Charleston. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
Items for our Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times for publication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (864) 427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379. Items will run on a space available basis.