Saturday, March 30
• The Dollar General RFL Team holds “Basketball Tournaments” on March 30 and again on April 20 at 9 a.m. at Jonesville Complex Gymnasium. For information contact David Hicks 864-673-2623 or Niki Stinespring at 864-674-2603.
Sunday, March 31
• The Town of Carlisle holds an Easter Egg Hunt at 3 p.m. at the Carlisle Playground for children up to 10 years of age. Bring your own baskets.
Monday, April 1
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to Biltmore Farmer’s Market. The departure time is 8 a.m. from Wal Mart. For more information call Patty Morrison at 674-5167 or Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665.
Tuesday, April 2
• Union County Council holds a budget work session at 4 p.m. in the Conference Room of the Union County Annex. The public is invited to attend.
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meet at 7 p.m. in Clemson Extension classroom. Those wanting more information may call Jim Stevens at 426-4344 or Bart Woodard at 429-1388.
Thursday, April 4
• The Union County Arts Council’s “Jam With Lunch” meets from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union. All musicians, as well as audience members, are welcome. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Saturday, April 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 trip to Harrah Cherokee Casino departs at 9:15 a.m. from the old Wal Mart parking lot. Call Betsy at 864-674-6799 for more information if interesting in attending.
Sunday, April 7
• The Bethel United Methodist Church Relay For Life Team holds a “Relay For Life Dinner” at the church. Plates will be $8. The menu includes steak and gravy, fried chicken, rice and gravy, cream potatoes and gravy, green beans, Lima beans, macaroni pie, slaw, rolls, dessert, and tea. Contact Cindy at 427-7178 for more information.
Monday, April 8
• Bell South Pioneers meets at noon at Andy’s.
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group meets from 6-8 p.m.. at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union. Meeting is open to the public. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Tuesday, April 9
• Union County Relay For Life holds a captain’s meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more information contact Event Chair Beth Lancaster at 426-3438 or Torance Inman at 426-0883.
Wednesday, April 10
• Happy Hearts meets at noon at Dawkins.
Friday, April 12
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Chinese Auction at 6:30 p.m. in the Corinth Church Fellowship Hall. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
Saturday, April 13
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to America’s Favorite Treasure Hunt in Atlanta, Ga. Departure is at 7 a.m. from the Wal Mart parking lot. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
• The Jonesville Elementary/Middle School RFL Team will be having their “Annual Cow Patty Festival” at 10 a.m. at the school. Squares are selling for $2 each. For information contact Bernice Inman at 427-9830.
Monday, April 15
• Bonham FCL meets at 11 a.m. in the Clemson Building.
• The Union Master Gardeners meet at 6 p.m. at the Clemson Extension Office. Guest speaker will be Linda Cobb who will do a presentation on English Cottage Gardening for American Gardeners. The club extends an invitation to all past and present members and anyone interested in this presentation. Bring a covered dish if you would like to join us for dinner.
• “Monday Night Music” at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union meeting from 6:30-8:30 p.m.. All musicians playing any type of music are invited to attend. The public is invited to listen for free. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Saturday, April 20
• The Corinth Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Yard Sale & Fish Sandwich Sale at 7 a.m. “until they sell out” in the Union County Stadium. For information contact Emma Garner at 429-8845.
• The St. Luke Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Songfest at 5 p.m. at St. Luke Baptist Church in Lukesville.
Sunday, April 21
• The Covenant Baptist Church RFL team holds a Sunday Meal at the church facility — $7 for adults and $4 for kids. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
• The Wandering Friends RFL Team holds a “Pancake Supper” from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on April 23 at the Bethlehem Methodist Church. For information contact Wanda Littlejohn at 674-6421.
Thursday, April 25
• The Union County Arts Council holds an awards reception for the 2013 Youth Art Show Grades K-5 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Saturday, April 27
• The Fairforest Baptist Church RFL Team holds a Fish Fry at the church — Advance Ticket Sales only. For information contact Dora Palka at 674-1905.
Sunday, April 28
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 meets at 5 p.m. at 1101 Union Boulevard. Please plan on attending. Business of importance. For information please call 674-6799.
Items for our Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times for publication via email to email@example.com, by fax to (864) 427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379. Items will run on a space available basis.