UNION — The City of Union Planning Department issued more than 90 permits and business licenses in November, collecting more than $6,000 in fees.
In its report to council for the month of November, the department reported issuing 54 permits and collecting $1,820 in fees on projects with a combined value of $293,936.
For the month, the department issued:
• Seven permits for $395 on $56,750 worth of commercial repairs.
• One permit for $50 on $4,500 worth of demolition work.
• Twenty-four permits for $845 on $162,330 worth of residential repairs.
• One permit for $15 on $1,280 worth of signage.
• Three electrical permits for $76 for $5,700 worth of residential repairs.
• Two heating/air conditioning permits for $120 on $19,400 in new commercial projects.
• Four heating/air conditioning permits for $120 on $15,423 in new residential projects.
• One plumbing permit for $49 on a new commercial project worth $10,000.
• One plumbing permit for $15 on a commercial repair project worth $150.
• One plumbing permit for $15 on a new residential project worth $2,800.
• Seven plumbing permits for $120 on $15,700 worth of residential repair projects.
The department also issued a total of 38 business license fees in November collecting $4,833.70 in fees.
In November, the construction of the new Shoe Show Building at 513 N. Duncan Bypass was under way as was the demolition of a building at 113 Sims Drive.
A total of 16 inspections were conducted by the department in November including building (five), electrical (four), and heating/air conditioning (seven).
There were also one meeting with property owners and/or contractors in follow up on complaints.
The department issued only one letter for nuisance and code violations in November.
Nuisances and code violations include overgrown grass, abandoned vehicles, signs and condemned structures.
Editor Charles Warner can be reached at 864-427-1234, ext. 14, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.