UNION — A Spartanburg roofing company will be putting new roofs on eight buildings owned by the City of Union.
The 2012 Shingle Roof Replacement Project involves replacing the roofs of Garage Building 2-A and the Tire Warehouse at 134 Pump Station Road; the Union Public Safety Department and a storage shed at 215 Thompson Boulevard; and the Veterans Building and three picnic shelters at 322 Veterans Drive.
In a report prepared for Union City Council, Brian Blackwood, City of Union Planning Department building inspector, stated that the low bidder for the project was Guy Roofing out of the company’s regional office in Spartanburg. The company’s bid was $49,112 which Blackwell stated “includes upgrading to an architectural shingle in lieu of the 25 yr. 3-tab shingle as specified.”
Also bidding on the project were H&S Roofing ($52,534.65), Reliable Roofing ($55,254), and C.E. Bourne ($60,015).
Council accepted Blackwell’s recommendation and voted unanimously Tuesday to award the bid to Guy Roofing.
The bid submitted by Guy Roofing to Blackwell states that the project will include:
• Removing the existing shingle roofs and felt down to the wood roof deck and disposing of them off-site.
• Replacing any rotten or damaged wood roof deck at the unit price of $50 per 4x8 sheet.
• Installation of a new #15 felt paper.
• Installation of a “Lifetime” Atlas Architectural Shingle with Scotch Guard.
• Installation of a new shingle over ridge vent on all locations as specified.
• Installation of a new drip edge as specified.
• Installation of new pipe flashings as specified.
• Combing/straightening of AC condenser fins as specified at select locations.
Editor Charles Warner can be reached at 864-427-1234, ext. 14, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.