Wednesday, Aug. 8, will be the last day that tickets are available for “An Evening with Ray Tanner.”
The Miracle League of Union County will host An Evening with Ray Tanner at Mon-Aetna Baptist Church Fellowship Center on Aug. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
The event will serve as a fundraiser for the Miracle League of Union County as the group works to raise approximately $250,000 to turn one of the dirt and grass fields at the Timken Sports Complex into a Miracle League Field, which will have a special rubberized surface for handicapped children and adults.
The keynote speaker of the fundraiser will be the newly named University of South Carolina (USC) Athletic Director and former USC baseball coach Ray Tanner. Tanner is a three-time National Coach of the Year and Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year. He has established one of the premier programs in college baseball, leading the Gamecocks to two NCAA Division I Baseball Championships, two national runner-up finishes, six College World Series appearances, three SEC championships, six SEC Eastern division titles, one SEC tournament crown and 13 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances. Tanner’s duties as University of South Carolina Athletic Director officially began on Thursday.
In addition to his success on the field, Tanner is also a dedicated leader in his community. In 2005, he and his wife, Karen, founded the Ray Tanner Foundation, which supports organizations who care for seriously ill children, the homeless and other charitable causes.
- First tier, round table seating for 8.
- All 8 invited to “meet and greet” with Tanner at 5:30 p.m.
- All 8 allowed to bring one item for Tanner to autograph and have a digital photo made with Coach Tanner.
- Recognized in program, newspaper and banner on the ball field.
- 16 raffle tickets on various items and meals.
A Star Sponsors Table is $600 and includes the following:
- Second tier seating, round table for 8.
- Table host (1) invited to meet and greet with Tanner at 5:30 p.m.
- Table host allowed (1) an item autographed and picture made with Tanner.
- Recognized in program, newspaper and banner.
- 8 raffle tickets and meals.
Tanner autographs will only be available with Miracle and Star sponsor tables. For more information call (864) 429-1670.
For more information about the Miracle League and its history, visit www.miracleleague.com.