JONESVILLE — An upcoming charity softball tournament will raise money for the March of Dimes.
The Milliken Cedar Hill March of Dimes Softball Tournament will be held Saturday, Aug. 23, at South Hills Complex.
The tournament promises a $1,000 cash prize to the winning team, and the entry fee is $200. The rules of the double-elimination tournament are as follows:
• One and one in the box
• One good foul
• One courtesy runner per inning (anyone)
• Four home runs (any home run hit after the 4th is an out)
• Any 44 core ball 400 or below is allowed
• Any bat except for Ultra 2s is allowed
• Game called:
o 25 after 3 complete innings
o 15 after 4 complete innings
o 10 after 5 complete innings
• No switching between teams
• Team entry fee is due at the registration table before your first game is played
• Coin toss before each game to determine home team
• If you are thrown out of a game, you are out of the tournament
• Each team can bat 12 people
Call (864) 429-2735 to enter. Deadline for entry is Aug. 20.