UNION — A recruitment event for part-time positions at a local motel drew 42 applicants Tuesday afternoon.
Quality Inn, 315 N. Duncan Bypass, Union, sponsored the event in cooperation with the SCWorks Union office with the goal of hiring part-time housekeepers and front desk personnel.
General Manager Beth Knox said that a total of 42 people applied for the positions. She said she was surprised but pleased with the turnout as well as with the number of people who will be hired and the number of applications she will keep on file.
“At least four will be hired,” Knox said. “I have an additional six to eight whose applications I will hold on to.”
Knox added that those she plans to hire will be notified by Monday or Tuesday when they will start work.
While the recruitment event, which lasted more than three hours because of the large number of applicants and subsequent interviews, is over, Knox said that Quality Inn is still taking applications. She said anyone interested in applying for the positions should do so at the motel Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Housekeepers at Quality Inn must be able to:
• Help maintain all hallways and public areas.
• Clean daily assigned rooming list to Choice Hotel Brand standards.
• Help wash, dry and fold linen.
• Work as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure quality maintenance and safety standards set by the company.
Front desk personnel at Quality Inn:
• Take reservations by phone, check guest in and out of hotel, assist guest with other needs such as towels, directions, etc. Keep all public areas clean, set up and take down breakfast.
• Must have computer and basic phone skills.
The SCWorks Union office will host a job recruitment event Thursday at 12:45 p.m. by Kelly Services on behalf of Haemonetics.
Thursday’s event will be fourth the Greenville-based job staffing firm has held on behalf of Haemonetics during the past month. The firm will be seeking applicants and processing for the following positions:
• Some manufacturing experience preferred.
• Having a stable work history will weigh favorably.
• Jobs could range from stacking racks, to filling IV bags, to packaging positions.
• Neither previous applicants nor former employees of Haemonetics should apply.
• Responsible for variable inspections.
• Meets daily production schedules and quality standards by following work and safety instructions and completes all necessary paper-work in order to track, log and monitor production activity; i.e., GMP paperwork, product documentation, inspection data and results .
• Prior to event all applicants must register at www.scworks.org and view the job order.
Come appropriately dressed for an interview.
Located at 103 W. Main St., Union the SCWorks office provides employers with space for job fairs and hiring events.
Over the past year a number of employers have made use of the facility including Quality Inn, the S.C. Department of Corrections, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, the Dollar General Distribution Center, VPS Convenience Stores, Ellen Sagar Nursing Home, Waffle House, Pizza Hut, and Resolute Forest Products as well as staffing agencies such as Kelly Services and Roper Staffing.
SCWorks also promotes these activities in the community and provides the companies and organizations with administrative services.
For more information about SCWorks and the services it provides call 864-427-4119.