UNION COUNTY — The celebration of academic achievement and service to the community was the theme of Monday’s Academic Awards Ceremony at Union County High School.
Officials with the UCHS administration, members of the Union County Board of School Trustees, the members of the Honor Roll Committee, and representatives of other organizations were among those on hand to honor those students who have excelled either academically and/or in service to the community.
Certificates, plaques, and medallions were presented to the students by the following organizations/programs:
• Arthur State Bank Junior Board of Directors
• American Legion Palmetto Girls’/Boys’ State
• Rotary Scholars
• Lander University Jr. Scholars
• Presbyterian College Jr. Scholars
• Columbia College Jr. Scholars
• USC Union Jr. Scholars
• Erskine College Jr. Scholars
• USC Aiken Jr. Scholars
• Wofford College Jr. Scholars
• Perfect Attendance Awards
• Superintendent’s Honor Roll
• Principal’s Honor Roll
There was also Senior Recognition, which honors students who have been on the Principal’s Honor Roll for four consecutive years.
For more about Monday’s UCHS Academic Awards Ceremony see www.uniondailytimes.com and upcoming editions of The Union Daily Times.