Wednesday, Feb. 26
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors holds their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
Thursday, Feb. 27
• The Union County Council Committee on County Administration and Finance meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse to allow the Tourism Commission to make a presentation and to discuss other financial and administrative matters. The public is invited to attend.
• The Union County Council holds a special meeting in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse immediately following the meeting of the County Administration and Finance Committee to consider second reading of an ordinance for Project Midas and other matters. The public is invited to attend.
Monday, March 10
• The Union County Democratic Convention will be held at 7 p.m. at the Union County Courthouse. All delegates and alternates are required to attend and candidates and visitors are welcome. Contact Ann Stevens 864-427-6887.
Tuesday, March 11
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 11-Wednesday, March 12
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers sponsors a Uniform/Shoe Sale with The Scrub Shop in the hospital lobby on Tuesday, March 11 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Wednesday, March 12 from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Cash, check, debit and credit cards will be accepted.
Saturday, March 15
• The Sims High School Class 1968 will meet at 4 p.m. at the The Junction Restaurant at 150 Simuel Road in Spartanburg. Please RSVP at 864-674-6799. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.