Sunday, Feb. 23
• The Sims High Class of 1964 has a 50th class reunion planning at the City of Union Municipal Building at 5 p.m. All classmates are urged to attend. John H. Jeter, President.
Tuesday, Feb. 25
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at the Mon Aetna Baptist Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. There will be a covered dish meal. Entertainment will be provided by Bud Hawkins and Mike Hayes.
Wednesday, Feb. 26
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors holds their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
Monday, March 10
• The Union County Democratic Convention will be held at 7 p.m. at the Union County Courthouse. All delegates and alternates are required to attend and candidates and visitors are welcome. Contact Ann Stevens 864-427-6887.
Tuesday, March 11-Wednesday, March 12
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers sponsors a Uniform/Shoe Sale with The Scrub Shop in the hospital lobby on Tuesday, March 11 from 11 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Wednesday, March 12 from 7 a.m.- 2 p.m. Cash, check, debit and credit cards will be accepted.
Saturday, March 15
• The Sims High School Class 1968 will meet at 4 p.m. at the The Junction Restaurant at 150 Simuel Road in Spartanburg. Please RSVP at 864-674-6799. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.