Saturday, Feb. 15
• All precincts in Union County will be reorganized at 9 a.m. at the Union Housing Authority, 201 Porter St. It is very necessary to be present to elect precinct officers and delegates and alternates to the County Convention which will be held on March 10, at 7 p.m. at the Courthouse. Please call 864-427-6887 if you have questions.
Monday, Feb. 17
• The Bonham FCL meets at 11 a.m. at The Clemson Building.
• “Monday Night Music” returns with a new location until repairs are finished at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery. The music group will meet at Grace United Methodist Church in the fellowship hall from 6:30-8:30 p.m. All musicians and audience members are welcome to this free event. If you have any questions, please call us at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Tuesday, Feb. 18
• Due to inclement weather, the Union County Council holds it regular monthly meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse. The public is invited and any persons requiring special assistance to attend should contact the Supervisor’s Office 48 hours prior to the meeting.
• Woodmen of the World meets at 6 p.m. at Woodmen Park.
• Union City County meets at 6:30 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building.
Thursday, Feb. 20
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Midway BBQ at 1:30 p.m.
• The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 644 holds its second meeting for 2014 at 6:30 p.m. with some edibles, with the business meeting commencing at 7 p.m. The meeting will be in its regular location: The Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park, Union. The VVA meets there on the third Thursday of every month, and Vietnam Era veterans interested in becoming members are always welcome as guests.
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. at Jonesville’s Municipal Building. If interested in being a part of the committee feel free to come and join us. Your support and ideas will be highly appreciated.
If there are any vendors or musicians that would like to be a part of the 2014 Jonesville Town Festival, feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799 or Randy Spencer at 864-426-2219.
Sunday, Feb. 23
• The Sims High Class of 1964 has a 50th class reunion planning at the City of Union Municipal Building at 5 p.m. All classmates are urged to attend. John H. Jeter, President.
Saturday, March 15
• The Sims High School Class 1968 will meet at 4 p.m. at the The Junction Restaurant at 150 Simuel Road in Spartanburg. Please RSVP at 864-674-6799. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.