Monday, Feb. 10
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
• The Union County Board of School Trustees meets at 7 p.m. in Room 600 of the Union County Career and Technology Center.
• Union American Legion Post 22 holds its monthly meeting in its regular place, the Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park. A meal will be served at 6 p.m., followed by a speaker at 6:30 p.m., and the business meeting at 7 p.m. Post 22 meets on the second Monday of every month except July, and prospective members are always welcome to attend.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flat at 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 13
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meets at 6 p.m. at The Lighthouse in Pacolet. All are welcome.
Monday, Feb. 17
• The Bonham FCL meets at 11 a.m. at The Clemson Building.
• “Monday Night Music” returns with a new location until repairs are finished at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery. The music group will meet at Grace United Methodist Church in the fellowship hall from 6:30-8:30 p.m. All musicians and audience members are welcome to this free event. If you have any questions, please call us at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Feb. 20
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Midway BBQ at 1:30 p.m.
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. at Jonesville’s Municipal Building. If interested in being a part of the committee feel free to come and join us. Your support and ideas will be highly appreciated.
If there are any vendors or musicians that would like to be a part of the 2014 Jonesville Town Festival, feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799 or Randy Spencer at 864-426-2219.
Saturday, March 15
• The Sims High School Class 1968 will meet at 4 p.m. at the The Junction Restaurant at 150 Simuel Road in Spartanburg. Please RSVP at 864-674-6799. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• The Union County Recreation Department is seeking coaches for our Youth Sports Program. Anyone interested should come to the Recreation Department at 111 Thomas St. in Union to fill out an application. All qualified applicants will undergo a background check. For more information contact Sam Phipps at 864-429-1670.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.