Thursday, Feb. 6
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be held at noon at at the USC Union gazebo. All are invited to participate in a brief time of prayer for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. You do not have to pray out loud to participate. Just come and join in silently if you like. If you can’t be at the gazebo, set aside some time during the day to pray for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. All are welcome.
• The Union Hospital District Board of Trustees and the Finance Committee meets at 6 p.m. in the Board Room of Wallace Thomson Hospital.
Monday, Feb. 10
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flat at 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 13
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meets at 6 p.m. at The Lighthouse in Pacolet. All are welcome.
Monday, Feb. 17
• The Bonham FCL meets at 11 a.m. at The Clemson Building.
• “Monday Night Music” returns with a new location until repairs are finished at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery. The music group will meet at Grace United Methodist Church in the fellowship hall from 6:30-8:30 p.m. All musicians and audience members are welcome to this free event. If you have any questions, please call us at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Thursday, Feb. 20
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Midway BBQ at 1:30 p.m.
• The Union County Recreation Department is seeking coaches for our Youth Sports Program. Anyone interested should come to the Recreation Department at 111 Thomas St. in Union to fill out an application. All qualified applicants will undergo a background check. For more information contact Sam Phipps at 864-429-1670.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices