Tuesday, Jan. 28
• The Union County NAACP will meet at 6 p.m. at the Union Housing Authority on Porter Street.
• The Union County Senior Citizens will meet at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. Please bring a covered dish. Come and pay your 2014 dues and enjoy entertainment provided by Elaine Gault.
• Carlisle Town Council meets in regular session at 6:30 p.m. at the Carlisle Town Hall.
• The Town of Lockhart holds a public hearing at the Lockhart Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 28, 2014.
• Lockhart Town Council meet at 7 p.m. following the public hearing.
Saturday, Feb. 1
• The Union Lions Club will be selling brooms at Jimmy’s Fresh Air Galaxy from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and at Belk from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. All proceeds go towards providing hearing and vision service and aids for those in need.
Sunday, Feb. 2
• The Union High School Class of 1974 meets at 2:30 p.m. in the upstairs conference room of the City of Union Municipal Building. For more information contact Barbara McCall-Crayne at 429-6219 or Tubo Owens at 426-2174 or Jessie Glenn at 427-8932.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flat at 7 p.m.
• The Union County Recreation Department is seeking coaches for our Youth Sports Program. Anyone interested should come to the Recreation Department at 111 Thomas St. in Union to fill out an application. All qualified applicants will undergo a background check. For more information contact Sam Phipps at 864-429-1670.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.