Saturday, Jan. 25
• Antioch Outreach Foundation will sponsor a Black History Celebration at 5 p.m. in the USC Union Auditorium. The event will be semi-formal. There will be a $10 donation. Rev. Juanita Giles, Coordinator.
Sunday, Jan. 26
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 holds it’s monthly meeting at 5 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building. All members please plan on attending.
Monday, Jan. 27
• Sigma Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma meets at 3:45 p.m. at Foster Park Elementary School.
• The Union County Council Committee on County Administration and Finance meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Conference Room at the Union County Annex Building on East Main Street to discuss the board and commission appointment process and to discuss other financial and administrative matters. The public is invited to attend.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
• The Union County NAACP will meet at 6 p.m. at the Union Housing Authority on Porter Street.
• The Union County Senior Citizens will meet at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. Please bring a covered dish. Come and pay your 2014 dues and enjoy entertainment provided by Elaine Gault.
• The Town of Lockhart holds a public hearing at the Lockhart Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 28, 2014.
• Lockhart Town Council meet at 7 p.m. following the public hearing.
• The Union County Recreation Department is seeking coaches for our Youth Sports Program. Anyone interested should come to the Recreation Department at 111 Thomas St. in Union to fill out an application. All qualified applicants will undergo a background check. For more information contact Sam Phipps at 864-429-1670.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices