Sunday, Jan. 19
• The Class of 1974 Union High School reunion meeting will be held at 2:30 p.m. in the upstairs conference room of the City of Union Municipal Building. For more information contact Tubo Owens at 426-2174, Jesse Glenn at 427-8932, and Barbara McCall-Crayne at 429-6219.
Monday, Jan. 20
• The Union County Stadium Commission and the Stadium Planning Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Annex Building at 320 E. Main St., Union.
• Dixie Youth Girls Softball holds a board election at 6:30 p.m. at the Timken Sports Complex. For more information contact Erica at 426-8466.
Tuesday, Jan. 21
• Woodmen of the World meets at 6 p.m. at Woodmen Park.
Wednesday, Jan. 22
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors holds their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
Thursday, Jan. 23
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Jonesville Town Municipal Building. Anyone interested in being a part of the 2014 Committee feel free to attend. All are welcome.
Sunday, Jan. 26
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 holds it’s monthly meeting at 5 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building. All members please plan on attending.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
• The Union County NAACP will meet at 6 p.m. at the Union Housing Authority on Porter Street.
• The Union County Recreation Department is seeking coaches for our Youth Sports Program. Anyone interested should come to the Recreation Department at 111 Thomas St. in Union to fill out an application. All qualified applicants will undergo a background check. For more information contact Sam Phipps at 864-429-1670.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices