Thursday, Jan. 2
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be held at noon at the USC gazebo. All are invited to participate in a brief time of prayer for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. You do not have to pray out loud to participate. Just come and join in silently if you like. If you can’t be at the gazebo, set aside some time during the day to pray for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. All are welcome.
Tuesday, Jan. 7
• The Union County Beekeepers will meet at the Clemson Extension Office classroom at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and “Buzz Time.” The regular meeting will be 7-8 p.m. All members are asked to bring a friend. Anyone interested in bees is invited to attend. For more information please contact Jean Pennas at 426-6660 or Jan Stevens at 426-0730.
Saturday, Jan. 11
• The Carlisle Finishing Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway BBQ for breakfast. Janet Jones will sing for the group. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 864-427-7234.
Tuesday, Jan. 14
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
• “Painting With Coffee” meets from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium may attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are Dec. 10.
• “Local Artist’s Showcase” featuring art and crafts from over 20 Union area artists will be on display at the Union County Arts Council through Dec. 31. Many unique items are on display and on sale that would make a special Christmas gift for that hard-to-please person. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.