Friday Sept. 27 - Saturday, Sept. 28
• The Union County Arts Council presents an oil painting workshop led by Diarmuid Kelly. “Draw It, Paint It – An Introduction to Oils” will give each participant experience in starting a portrait, composition, underpainting and other techniques with oil paints. The cost of the workshop is $150 and lunch will be provided both days. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Saturday, Sept. 28
• The Thomas Jefferson Vinson 26th Annual Family Reunion will be held at 1 p.m. at Brown’s Creek Baptist Family Life Center. We will be having a cover dish style meal therefore we are asking everyone to bring a well-filled basket including drinks and desserts to share.
Monday, Sept. 30
• Carlisle Town Council meets in regular session at 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 1
• The Union County Beekeepers meets at 7 p.m. in the classroom at Clemson Extension. Anyone interested in beekeeping is invited to attend. If you have questions, you can call Jim Stevens at 426-4344 or Bart Woodard at 429-1388.
Thursday, Oct. 3
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be held at noon at the USC gazebo. All are invited to participate in a brief time of prayer for our community, state, and nation, and for the church. You do not have to pray out loud to participate. Just come and join in silently if you like. If you can’t be at the gazebo, set aside some time during the day to pray for our community, state, and nation. All are welcome.
Sunday, Oct. 6
• The Jolly Reunion will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 1 p.m. Everyone is asked to bring a well-filled basket.
Monday, Oct. 7
• The Union County First Steps Partnership Board holds its regular meeting at 5:15 p.m. at the Union County School District Office Annex located at 120 Lakeside Drive, Union. The public is invited to attend. Anyone wishing to attend who requires special assistance due to a disability is encouraged to contact Ms. Beth Thompson, Executive Director, at 864-429-1748, ext. 306, prior to the start of the meeting.
• A Buffalo Community Meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at the Buffalo Community Center. Anyone interested in being on the board of the community center or helping out or who has questions is encouraged to attend. For more information contact Tommy Ford at 426-8032.
Sunday, Oct. 13
• The descendents of James Monroe and Myra Ellen Lawson will have their family reunion at Foster’s Chapel United Methodist Church, Pea Ridge Hwy., Jonesville. Lunch will at 1 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 24
• The BPO DOES will have their annual Chinese Auction at the Union BPO Elks Lodge. Doors open at 6 p.m. and drawing for prizes will begin at 7 p.m. The Elks will have food for sale in the dining room prior to the auction.
Saturday, Oct. 26
• The Union High School Class of 1993 holds its 20th reunion at 7 p.m. at River Chase Golf Club. Contact Mary Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-986-0163 for more details.
• “Painting with Coffee” meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium can attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• “A Path of Discovery with Watercolor” – New works by Union watercolorist Betsy Skipper are on display at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union. Show runs through Aug. 9.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
Items for Out & About can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Out & About, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.