Friday, June 27
• The Union County High School Drama Department’s DRAMA CAMP will present a short play for parents and guests today on the stage at Union County High School. The camp is taught by UCHS drama teacher, Ralph Lawson. Assistants are Bess Lawson and Jessie Cantrell.
• Union County Council holds a special meeting immediately following the pubilc hearing at noon in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse to consider third and final reading of the Union County Budget for fiscal 2014-2015 and other matters. The public is invited to attend.
Saturday, June 28
• Union County Yellow Jackets Wrestling will hold a car wash from 9 a.m.-noon at Union County Stadium.
• The West Springs Community holds their 38th annual Independence Celebration, starting with a parade at 11 a.m. The parade starts at Bogansville Church to West Springs Church then to the West Springs Ball field. Barbecue with all the trimmings will be sold for lunch, starting at noon. Then at 5 p.m., hot dogs and hamburgers will be sold. Music from the Out of Towner’s begins at 6:30 p.m. and the night ends with one of the state’s famous firework displays. Bring your lawn chairs to this little community with a big heart and celebrate with us our nation’s independence.
Friday, July 4
• Buffalo Community’s Annual July 4th Party At The Pond Event at 6 p.m. There will be music and vendors. Fireworks display at dark. Sponsored by the Buffalo Festivals Committee. For more information or to be a vendor call 864-426-4457.
Sunday, July 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 will hold a 50th class reunion meeting at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.