Thursday, June 26-Friday, June 27
• The Union County High School Drama department will hold its annual DRAMA CAMP from 9 a.m. until noon each day. Open to ages 6 through 12, students will participate in theatre games, creative dramatics activities, and present a short play for parents and guests on Friday, June 27, on the stage at Union County High School. The camp is taught by UCHS drama teacher, Ralph Lawson. Assistants are Bess Lawson and Jessie Cantrell.
Thursday, June 26
• Union City Council meets in special session at 9 a.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building to hold second and final readings of the ordinances amending the zoning ordinance for the Farmers Market and rezoning property at 1306 W. Main St. from R-8 Residential to A-2 Highway Commercial.
Saturday, June 28
• Union County Yellow Jackets Wrestling will hold a car wash from 9 a.m.-noon at Union County Stadium.
• The West Springs Community holds their 38th annual Independence Celebration, starting with a parade at 11 a.m. The parade starts at Bogansville Church to West Springs Church then to the West Springs Ball field. Barbecue with all the trimmings will be sold for lunch, starting at noon. Then at 5 p.m., hot dogs and hamburgers will be sold. Music from the Out of Towner’s begins at 6:30 p.m. and the night ends with one of the state’s famous firework displays. Bring your lawn chairs to this little community with a big heart and celebrate with us our nation’s independence.
Friday, July 4
• Buffalo Community’s Annual July 4th Party At The Pond Event at 6 p.m. There will be music and vendors. Fireworks display at dark. Sponsored by the Buffalo Festivals Committee. For more information or to be a vendor call 864-426-4457.
Sunday, July 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 will hold a 50th class reunion meeting at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.