Tuesday, June 24-Friday, June 27
• The Union County High School Drama department will hold its annual DRAMA CAMP from 9 a.m. until noon each day. Open to ages 6 through 12, students will participate in theatre games, creative dramatics activities, and present a short play for parents and guests on Friday, June 27, on the stage at Union County High School. The camp is taught by UCHS drama teacher, Ralph Lawson. Assistants are Bess Lawson and Jessie Cantrell. Parents can register their children at the main office at Union County High School; the registration deadline is Thursday, June 19. A fee is charged per child. For more information call 427-1709.
Tuesday, June 24
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Baptist Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. The club will be providing hot dogs. Please bring a desert and drink. The entertainment will be provided by Amanda Kingsmore who will be singing.
Wednesday, June 25
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board holds its monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry St., Union. Lunch will be provided.
Saturday, June 28
• Union County Yellow Jackets Wrestling will hold a car wash from 9 a.m.-noon at Union County Stadium.
• The West Springs Community holds their 38th annual Independence Celebration, starting with a parade at 11 a.m. The parade starts at Bogansville Church to West Springs Church then to the West Springs Ball field. Barbecue with all the trimmings will be sold for lunch, starting at noon. Then at 5 p.m., hot dogs and hamburgers will be sold. Music from the Out of Towner’s begins at 6:30 p.m. and the night ends with one of the state’s famous firework displays. Bring your lawn chairs to this little community with a big heart and celebrate with us our nation’s independence.
Friday, July 4
• Buffalo Community’s Annual July 4th Party At The Pond Event at 6 p.m. There will be music and vendors. Fireworks display at dark. Sponsored by the Buffalo Festivals Committee. For more information or to be a vendor call 864-426-4457.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.