Sunday, May 25
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 will have 50th class reunion meeting at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Tuesday, May 27
• The Union County Senior Citizens meet at Mon Aetna Baptist Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. with a covered dish meal. Erin Elizabeth Gallman Bobo will be singing. Come join the Christian fellowship and meal.
Wednesday, May 23
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors holds its monthly meeting at noon. the meeting will be hheld at 226 S. Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
June 2-5 and June 9-12
• USPTA Pro Brad Tate will host his 20th annual Summer Tennis Camps for ages 6-15. Camps will take place from 9:30-11:30 a.m. each day at the Foster Park tennis courts. Young tennis players are invited to come celebrate with 20th annual t-shirts and other giveaways. Camps will include daily snacks and pizza on Thursdays. The fee is $60 per camp. To sign up or receive more information, call (864) 466-7100.
Saturday, June 21
• Come join Betsy & Company along with Over the Hill Gang Relay for Life Team on a 1 day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Departing Jonesville Municipal Building at 1:30 p.m. Departing Old Walmart Parking Lot at 2 p.m. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799.
Monday, June 23-Friday, June 27
• The Union County High School Drama department will hold its annual DRAMA CAMP from 9 a.m. until noon each day. Open to ages 6 through 12, students will participate in theatre games, creative dramatics activities, and present a short play for parents and guests on Friday, June 27, on the stage at Union County High School. The camp is taught by UCHS drama teacher, Ralph Lawson. Assistants are Bess Lawson and Jessie Cantrell. Parents can register their children at the main office at Union County High School; the registration deadline is Thursday, June 19. A fee is charged per child. For more information call 427-1709.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.