Saturday, May 10
• The Carlisle Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. Mr. Jerry Bruce, the present plant manager, will be our guest speaker. All retirees and former employees welcome.
Monday, May 12
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
• Union American Legion Post 22 holds its monthly meeting. The meeting will be held in its regular location, the Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park in Union. A meal will be served at 6 p.m., followed by a speaker at 6:30 p.m., and the business meeting at 7 p.m. The annual election of officers takes places at this meeting, so members are asked to attend if at all possible. Post 22 meets on the second Monday evening of every month except July, and prospective members are always welcome to attend.
Monday, May 12-Tuesday, May 13
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers holds a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, May 12 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, May 13 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
• The Union County Council holds a budget work session at 2:00 p.m. in the Law Library located on the third floor at the Union County Courthouse. The public is invited to attend.
Thursday, May 15
• The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 644 holds their montly meeting at 7 p.m. The meeting willl be held at its usual location: The Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park, Union. The VVA meets there on the third Thursday of each month, and Vietnam Era veterans interested in becoming members are always welcome as guests.
Sunday, May 25
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 will have 50th class reunion meeting at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Saturday, June 21
• Come join Betsy & Company along with Over the Hill Gang Relay for Life Team on a 1 day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Departing Jonesville Municipal Building at 1:30 p.m. Departing Old Walmart Parking Lot at 2 p.m. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.