Thursday, May 8
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meets at 6 p.m. at the Chester Cove in Chester.
• The Board of Trustess of the Union Hospital District and the Finance Committee meets at 6 p.m. in the Board Room at Wallace Thomson Hospital.
Saturday, May 10
• The Carlisle Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. Mr. Jerry Bruce, the present plant manager, will be our guest speaker. All retirees and former employees welcome.
Monday, May 12
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
Monday, May 12-Tuesday, May 13
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers holds a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, May 12 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, May 13 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 21
• Come join Betsy & Company along with Over the Hill Gang Relay for Life Team on a 1 day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Departing Jonesville Municipal Building at 1:30 p.m. Departing Old Walmart Parking Lot at 2 p.m. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.