Friday, April 25-Sunday, April 27
• The UCHS Dept. of Visual & Performing Arts presents the musical “Hairspray!” Performances run at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, April 25-26; and at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27. Tickets are available at the door. Advance tickets are available at Union County High School and at WBCU Radio on Main Street, Union.
Saturday, April 26
• Dollar General hosts a Basketball Tournament with proceeds going to Relay For Life.
Sunday, April 27
• The Union High School Class of 1979 meets from 3-5 p.m. at the City of Union Municipal Building. If you can’t stay for the entire meeting, please drop-in.
Monday, April 28
• The Union County Democratic Party monthly meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Union Housing Authority, 201 Porter St. The meeting is open to the public.
Friday, May 2
• The Union County High School Gifted and Talented Class presents a concert at First Presbyterian Church at 6 p.m. It will be hosted by the Union Music Club. The public is invited.
Tuesday, May 6
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 and program begins at 7 p.m. Jim Stevens will present a program about harvesting honey. Anyone interested in bees is invited to attend. Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Monday, May 12-Tuesday, May 13
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers holds a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, May 12 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, May 13 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, June 21
• Come join Betsy & Company along with Over the Hill Gang Relay for Life Team on a 1 day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Departing Jonesville Municipal Building at 1:30 p.m. Departing Old Walmart Parking Lot at 2 p.m. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.