Thursday, April 17
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 644 meets at 6:30 p.m., but the business meeting will not commence until 7 p.m. Members are asked to attend if at all possible, as the annual election of officers takes place at the April meeting. The meeting will be held at its usual location: The Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park, Union. The VVA meets there on the third Thursday of each month, and Vietnam Era veterans interested in becoming members are always welcome as guests.
Friday, April 18
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will be holding their annual Spring Bake Sale in the hospital lobby beginning at 7 am. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund.
Monday, April 21
• The Bonham FCL meets at the Clemson Extension Building at 11 a.m.
• The Union County Arts Council holds “Monday Night Music” from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church. Any musicians wanting to play should be at the church’s fellowship hall at 6 p.m. for setup. “Monday Night Music” is a free program and everyone is invited to attend either as a musician or audience member.
Monday, April 21-Tuesday, April 22
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers will have a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, April 21 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and Tuesday, April 22 from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Come find great gifts and books at affordable prices.
Saturday, April 26
• Dollar General hosts a Basketball Tournament with proceeds going to Relay For Life.
Monday, April 28
• The Union County Democratic Party monthly meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Union Housing Authority, 201 Porter St. The meeting is open to the public.
Saturday, May 3
• Junior Charity League is having another 5K at Timken Sports Complex. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. The race begins: 8:30 a.m. Registration forms can be picked up at YMCA and the Holcombe Funeral Home. For more information contact Sarah Holcombe at 426-6539.
Tuesday, May 6
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 and program begins at 7 p.m. Jim Stevens will present a program about harvesting honey. Anyone interested in bees is invited to attend. Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.