Thursday, March 20
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
• The Sims High School Class of 1969 meets at 6 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building.
Friday, March 21-Saturday, March 22
• USC Union holds its Literary Festival on Friday, March 21 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, March 22 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Main Building auditorium. This year’s theme is Southern culture and cooking. For full schedule, please visit http://uscunion.sc.edu/
Saturday, March 22
• Jonesville mayoral candidate Mark Goudelock will have a Free Hot Dog Lunch Meet and Greet from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Jonesville Town Hall parking lot on Main Street. Please come out and join us in a free family and community social event.
Sunday, March 23
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 holds at 50th class reunion at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Muncipal Building. All classmates are urged to attend. John H. Jeter, President.
Tuesday, April 1
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m. Walker from Happy Berry Farm will present “The Future of Food, Water and Energy.” Walker is passionate about the importance of developing a strong self-sufficient community system — “buying local gone wild!” Everyone interested in bees or our enviromnent is encouraged to attend.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• Autism Speaks and S.C. Autism hosts a Golf Tournament and Auction at Heddles Hideaway in Spartanburg. The Golf Tournament will be at 9 a.m. and the Auction at 1 p.m.
Saturday, April 12
• Blue Ridge Hospice holds “Family Fun Day” from noon-6 p.m. There will be hot dogs, a silent auction, singing, etc.
All proceeds will go to Relay For Life.
Saturday, April 26
• Dollar General hosts a Basketball Tournament with proceeds going to Relay For Life.
Saturday, May 3
• Junior Charity League is having another 5K at Timken Sports Complex. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. The race begins: 8:30 a.m. Registration forms can be picked up at YMCA and the Holcombe Funeral Home. For more information contact Sarah Holcombe at 426-6539.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.